We are pleased to announce that AtoZ the USA has been added to the library’s online reference offerings. This new database is an unmatched resource for information about the people, culture, geography, government, history, indigenous peoples, food, and symbols of the US states and the United States itself. The database covers 110 topics for each state, territory, and the District of Columbia, and 118 topics for the USA as a country. ABC the USA was designed for students, educators, and anyone who wants to develop an in-depth understanding of the USA. Find the database by clicking on AtoZ the USA
hoopla is a groundbreaking digital media service offered by the Cedar Grove Public Library that allows you to borrow movies, music, audiobooks, ebooks, comics and TV shows to enjoy on your computer, tablet, or phone – and even your TV! With no waiting, titles can be streamed immediately, or downloaded to phones or tablets for offline enjoyment later. We have hundreds of thousands of titles to choose from, with more being added daily. hoopla is like having your public library at your fingertips. Anytime. Anywhere.
Create an Account
- Go to hoopladigital.com
- Click “Sign Up Now”
- Enter your email address and create a password
- Select “Cedar Grove Public Library
- ”Enter your library card number and pin number (last 4 digits of your phone number)
Browse and Checkout
- Browse or search for a title. Once you have made your selection, select “Borrow.”
- There are never any waiting lists.
- See a title and check it out!You can find your current titles under “My Hoopla” – “Currently Borrowed.”
- Each cardholder may check out up to 5 titles per month. The count starts over on the 1st of every month.
- Movies, TV shows and videos: 72 hours (3 days)
- Music albums: 1 week (7 days)
- Audiobooks: 3 weeks (21 days)
- eBooks and Comics: 3 weeks (21 days)
Download the App
Click below to add the app to your smartphone or smart device:
AtoZdatabases is the premier Reference, Research, Marketing, Mailing Lists, Sales Leads, and Job-Search Database. The database includes 30 million business & executive profiles, over 240 million residents with interest, hobbies and lifestyle information, over 7 million real-time job listings, 2 million new businesses, over 12 million healthcare professionals, over 12 million new movers, 2 million new homeowners and much more. The databases are ideal for sales leads, mailing lists, market research, employment opportunities, background searches, finding friends, relatives and many more possibilities.
The databases can be accessed inside the library, or remotely using your Cedar Grove Public Library Card. The link to AtoZdatabases is located on the Digital Resources Page.
The Cedar Grove Public Library is Open for Essential Services
Monday-Thursday: 10 am-7pm
Friday: 10 am-5pm
Saturday: 9 a.m. – 12 p.m.
We ask that you keep your visit to the Library brief.
Convenient Curbside Pick up is available
Essential Services include:
Limited Public Computer Access
Checkout and Returns
Printing, photocopying and faxing
Never Ending Book sale and Puzzle Exchange are available.
Face masks are strongly recommended for the safety of our patrons and employees per Wisconsin Department of Health Services
Transparent Language Online provides a fun, effective, and engaging experience for learners of all levels looking to build their listening, speaking, reading, and writing skills in a foreign language. Combining robust courses, supplemental vocabulary, extensive grammar resources, and mobile apps, Transparent Language Online is the most complete language-learning system. With over 100 languages to choose from, including English for speakers of over 26 languages, there is something for every learner. Best of all, with enhanced support for Android ™ tablets and iPads, learners can enjoy the freedom to learn at home, in the library, or on the go.
Creating a Library Collection Account:
- Click on the link for Transparent Languages above.
- Click on “Register” in the upper right-hand corner
- Follow the instructions to create your account. You will need your library card number.
“Checking Out” Transparent Language
- Click on the red checkout button to access Transparent Languages.
- You can also find the link under the main menu (the three lines in the upper left-hand corner). Click on Education. Click on Transparent Languages.
- Once you click Checkout, click on the pop up that says Access.
- Accept the policies.
- Choose a language and get started.
Direction on using Transparent Language Online through the RBdigital App can be found under our Digital Resources Page.
The Monarch Library System is providing library card holders an opportunity to engage in meaningful learning through Gale Courses. This robust online resource provides access to over 360 classes on multiple topics of interest, including career training programs.
All you need to get started is a current library card, an internet connection and an eager mind that’s ready to learn. You can access the courses through the Monarch Catalog (monarchcatalog.org) by searching “Gale Courses”, or click on this link education.gale.com/l-monarchls/
Stop in the library if you are interested in learning more about Gale Courses and we can help you get started.
Meet Libby – the new Overdrive app
The “For Kids and Teens” launch page separates all of the children and teen books available through Wisconsin’s Digital Library. The page also provides access through subject or reading level.
Click on this launch page to view all of the titles in the main collection.