AtoZ the USA is an unmatched resource for information about the people, culture, geography, government, history, indigenous peoples, food, and symbols of the US states and the United States itself. The database covers 110 topics for each state, territory, and the District of Columbia, and 118 topics for the USA as a country. ABC the USA was designed for students, educators, and anyone who wants to develop an in-depth understanding of the USA. Find the database by clicking on AtoZ the USA
- 202 World City Travel Guides covering over 67 topics each, plus an additional 56 travel resources.
- Learn Points of Interest, Culture, Food, Language, Transportation and Security.
- Start Searching AtoZ World Travel By Clicking Here
AtoZ World Travel is mobile friendly, When you are away from the Library, you can login with your Cedar Grove Public Library Card number.
BadgerLink is an online index to thousands of magazines and newspapers. Many of the articles are available in full text. It is a project of the Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction (DPI), Division for Libraries, Technology, and Community Learning. Click here to begin your search.
hoopla is a groundbreaking digital media service offered by the Cedar Grove Public Library that allows you to borrow movies, music, audiobooks, ebooks, comics and TV shows to enjoy on your computer, tablet, or phone – and even your TV! With no waiting, titles can be streamed immediately, or downloaded to phones or tablets for offline enjoyment later. We have hundreds of thousands of titles to choose from, with more being added daily. hoopla is like having your public library at your fingertips. Anytime. Anywhere.
Create an Account
- Go to hoopladigital.com
- Click “Sign Up Now”
- Enter your email address and create a password
- Select “Cedar Grove Public Library
- ”Enter your library card number and pin number (last 4 digits of your phone number)
Browse & Checkout
- Browse or search for a title. Once you have made your selection, select “Borrow.”
- There are never any waiting lists.
- See a title and check it out!You can find your current titles under “My Hoopla” – “Currently Borrowed.”
- Each cardholder may check out up to 5 titles per month. The count starts over on the 1st of every month.
- Movies, TV shows and videos: 72 hours (3 days)
- Music albums: 1 week (7 days)
- Audiobooks: 3 weeks (21 days)
- eBooks and Comics: 3 weeks (21 days)
Download the App from:
Wisconsin Digital Library
Meet Libby – the new Overdrive app
The “For Kids and Teens” launch page separates all of the children and teen books available through Wisconsin’s Digital Library. The page also provides access through subject or reading level.
Click on this launch page to view all of the titles in the main collection.
Transparent Language Online
This new resource provides a fun, effective, and engaging experience for learners of all levels looking to build their listening, speaking, reading, and writing skills in a foreign language. Combining robust courses, supplemental vocabulary, extensive grammar resources, and mobile apps, Transparent Language Online is the most complete language-learning system. With over 100 languages to choose from, including English for speakers of over 26 languages, there is something for every learner. Best of all, with enhanced support for Android ™ tablets and iPads, learners can enjoy the freedom to learn at home, in the library, or on the go.
Creating a Library Collection Account:
- Click on the link for Transparent Languages above.
- Click on “Register” in the upper right-hand corner.
- Follow the instructions to create your account. You will need your library card number.
“Checking Out” Transparent Language
- Click on the red checkout button to access Transparent Languages.
- You can als0 find the link under the main menu (the three lines in the upper left-hand corner). Click on Education. Click on Transparent Languages.
- Once you click Checkout, click on the pop up that says Access.
- Accept the policies.
- Choose a language and get started!