The Cedar Grove Public Library was founded in 1944 by members of the Cedar Grove Book Club. The members of the book club created a committee that was appointed to visit the Mead Library for guidance on acquiring and cataloging books and library operations. Soon after, the Book Club began a fundraising campaign to establish a public library in Cedar Grove. On May 16, 1944, the Cedar Grove Public Library officially opened with 900 books on its shelves. More than 350 of the books were donated by members of the Cedar Grove Community.
A complete History of the Cedar Grove Public Library can be found in the book, “Cedar Grove, Wisconsin” . The book is available for check out at the library.
“A little library growing larger every year… is not a luxury, but one of the necessities of life”. H.W. Beecher